Thursday 2 June 2022

Hugo Boss 1100

This time it's my daily watch I'm wearing for about the last 25 years or so. Except for the last year, the battery was dead and the straps worn/broken. It was laying useless in the drawer. 

I bought this watch about 25 years ago when I spend a weekend in Antwerp with my girlfriend. I liked it very much and decided to treat myself. It costed about 950 Dutch Guilders, not sure how much it was in Belgium Francs. 

I consider it a very nice dress watch and not too much in your face or showing off. So you can wear it almost all the time, which I did. I'm surprised it's lasting so long and hardly has any wear signs (it's gold plated). 

So time for a fresh battery and new straps and putting it back together. The quartz movement is by the Swiss ETA group, having nr 980.163 and is equipped with 15 jewels:

https://www.eta.ch/en/our-products/quartz-movements/normflatline/eta-normflatline-980163

And now it's running OK again. It's good to have it on my wrist again. You can also hear the seconds ticking if you put it to your ear.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Burberry watch repair - new straps and battery

It has been a while. A few years ago my son treated himself with a Burberry watch and now the strap had issue's. It had a bad spot with ...