Saturday 3 February 2024

Burberry watch repair - new straps and battery

It has been a while. A few years ago my son treated himself with a Burberry watch and now the strap had issue's. It had a bad spot with some sticky dirt and the two small bands to keep the strap in place were gone - poor quality. So I ordered a strap online which was luckily still available - via:

https://www.horloge-bandjes.nl/

Price including shipping was € 60,-   A bit pricey but original and in the matching color.

Replacing was fairly easy



The next day I noticed it stopped running. By sheere coincidence the battery was empty as well.
So I ordered a new one at www.bol.com Price € 5,51 :

1 stuk - Maxell 395 SR 927 SW Silver Oxide horlogebatterij

With some patience I managed to get the cap off and the tiny battery screw as well. But luck was not on my side. When putting the new battery in and fit the battery clamp with the tiny screw back I lost the screw somehow :-( 


So I found a company online in the UK that sold this type of screw. So I ordered 2, just in case. Price 1,25 GBP each and 5 GBP shipping cost plus VAT it was nearly 10 GBP !!  And of course when it arrived in NL I had to pay import duties. So another € 7,30 had to be paid. How on earth is it possible that import duty is more expensive than the item itself ???  This must has been the most expensive battery replacement ever.


Next I had to order also a new screwdriver set as the tips of my existing set was to large and did not fit the tiny screw (despite with firm usage I was unable to unscrew them. This set is so much better. 


I also I recalled I had this magnifyer tool bought once. This was such a great aid to put the screw into the battery holder again.


So all is nicely put together again and functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burberry watch repair - new straps and battery

It has been a while. A few years ago my son treated himself with a Burberry watch and now the strap had issue's. It had a bad spot with ...